The return of winter means the return of cold, dry air. Dry air can negatively impact your health in more ways than just chapped lips. The Cleveland Clinic reports that dry air can cause problems including dry eyes, sore throat, dry nasal passages/bloody noses, more susceptible to illness, and worsened allergy/asthma symptoms. Consider combating dry air by adding a humidifier to your home. Humidifiers make your home healthier and more comfortable to be in.
Signs of Low Humidity
The clearest sign of low humidity is your personal health. If your lips are chapped or skin is cracking, your home likely has low humidity. The EPA recommends keeping your home between 30 and 50 percent humidity. Individuals with asthma or allergies find that their symptoms become worsened in homes with low humidity. Other signs included an increase in static electricity around the house and cracked paint along your walls. A humidifier will keep your family healthy and happy in the winter months
- Reduced snoring - Dry air means dry nasal passageways. This can cause snoring problems to emerge or worsen.
- Softer skin - Cold winter air dries out your skin. This can make your skin appear older and less vibrant. A humidifier will keep your skin looking young and full of color.
- Healthier houseplants - Plants survive best in a tropical and humid area. A humidifier will have your plants looking better and living longer.
- Protect your home - Dry air can cause harm to areas of your home. Low humidity can hurt your furniture, crack your floorboards, and ruin your wallpaper.
- Save money on heating bills - Adding humidity to your home will cause your home to feel warmer, which will save you money on energy bills.
Installing a humidifier is the best thing you can do for your family this dry season. There are different types and styles of humidifiers from small portable steam vaporizers to whole home humidifiers. If you have humidity concerns, trust the professionals at Wheeler Heating and Air Conditioning LLC. We are family owned and operated and provide honest, reliable, and affordable services. We are available 24/7 and offer free in-home estimates. To find out more, call 417-839-9240 or visit our website.